Mid-Event SurveyOctober 19, 2008 at 2:21 am | Posted in Book Blather | 2 Comments
1. What are you reading right now?
Just finished This Land is Their Land, and now I’m moving on to The Clothes They Stood Up In.
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I’m saving my Strangers in Paradise graphic novel as a treat for when I get really tired.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Yes and no. I had to enlist help from my boyfriend and his daughter to get internet access, and because somebody needs to wait on me hand and foot!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Dog jumping on me – let him lie down and take a nap in my lap. Food breaks – hold out hand, take plate, smile and say thank you, keep reading.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I’ve been able to stay awake for 14 hours so far on 6 hours’ sleep and that I’m sustaining the same high level of interest in my books in spite of it.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Uhh… Could we start it one hour later? 🙂
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I would bring my treadmill so I could walk on it while I read.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Ho ho ho yes.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I’m reading really short books, and I take a break every time I finish one. #3 was a bit slower read and I found myself getting a bit drowsy.