End of the Event MemeOctober 19, 2008 at 12:07 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | 5 Comments
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 24. I actually caught myself starting to nod off and had to smack myself in the face.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Naturally there’s an element of personal taste here. I would definitely recommend my strategy of choosing all short books, and having roughly twice as many books as you think you can actually read. Whenever I chose my next title, it was with a sense of curiosity rather than feeling locked into an agenda. I did best with humor, politics, and the graphic novel. I think I would also have been wise to include true crime or some kind of mystery or thriller.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Gosh, it would have been a bit easier to start at 6 AM PST!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
It seems like all the organizers did an impeccable job!
5. How many books did you read?
Eight! That’s 1852 pages, nearly double my goal for today.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Hurry Down Sunshine, Reading the OED, Snoop, This Land is Their Land, The Clothes They Stood Up In, Someone Not Really Her Mother, Strangers in Paradise, The Woman Who Lives in the Earth.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
This Land is Their Land.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Probably Snoop. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, it was just a slower read for me.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would do it as a reader again, only not for at least six months!